Whether you’re planning a winter wedding, or you’re just planning ahead, here is Part 2 of the most beautiful, modern love songs that will make your special dance one to remember and cherish. One of our most popular playlists to date was Part 1 of this theme, which you can check out here.
- You and Me - You+Me. "They say everything it happens for a reason,
You can be flawed enough but perfect for a person”.
- First in Line - Matthew Mayfield. "I’ll give you all of me, I’ll make you mine, If you’ll take me and make me, Your first in line".
- Four Walls - Broods. "I wanna make you feel how I feel when I’m listening to love songs, I wanna take you to the peak of everything that you are".
- Like Real People Do - Hozier. "I will not ask you where you came from, I will not ask you and neither should you”.
- You Are Mine - MuteMath. "There is always one addiction, That just can not be controlled, You are mine”.
- Wedding Song - Yeah Yeah Yeahs. "I lay at your feet, You’re the breath that I breathe".
- Take Me As I Am - FM Static. "I’ll be your hands, Take me as I am,
I just wanna be with you”.
- True Love - WE ARE TWIN. "I wear my heart out on my sleeve
I put it there for you to see”.
- Mess Is Mine - Vance Joy. “This body is yours and mine, Well hold on, my darling, This mess was yours, Now your mess is mine”.
- Overwhelmed - Tim McMorris. "From the first glance you gave, My world it slowed, you stopped the time, And in that moment I could see all of the things that we would be, You were the girl I was waiting for, that’d I’d ask to marry me”.
18 October 2014
Here’s a little secret we’re not too ready to admit just yet: some of the best songs we’ve found have come from TV shows. Although they usually only play in the background of a scene and aren’t the forefront, the music usually decides the mood. Shoutout to Music Supervisor, who have the best job ever: deciding what music to share with the world through TV:
- At Least It Was Here - The 88. The intro and theme song of Community, which perfectly raps up the sometimes dark humour of the comedy show.
- Completely Not Me - Jenny Lewis. Seriously considering starting Girls, as their soundtracks are some of the best I have ever heard.
- Bang - Until The Ribbon Breaks. Ever heard of Low Winter Sun? Neither have I, but they’ve made a good choice as far as this track goes.
- Three Wishes - The Pierces. I used to be obsessed with Gossip Girl back in my junior high days, and the reason I don’t regret it is because it had some of the most luxurious music I’ve ever heard.
- Make Me A Bird - Elektrik People. I don’t think we’ve recommended this track enough; it’s from the odd and dark Netflix original, Hemlock Grove.
- Boomerang - Lucy Schwartz. From possibly the greatest comedy ever created, Arrested Development.
- Bloodstream - Stateless. The main reason I started watching The Vampire Diaries is because I was constantly searching up music featured on the show.
- If I Didn’t Know Better - Sam Palladio and Clare Bowen. Such an intimate and sexy song from the dramatic country TV show Nashville.
- Forever - Matt Hires. I don’t think there’s been an episode of Grey’s Anatomy where I haven’t bought a song featured on it.
- Greenback Boogie - Ima Robot. The theme song to the cunning and intelligent show called Suits. The most incredible alternative tracks can be found by shazaming this show about slick and attractive lawyers.
11 October 2014